Brand: Alec Bradley (Nica Puro)
Shape: Robusto
Tobacco Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Maduro
Body: Full

Alec Bradley Nica Puro Robusto Maduro


Description: The Alec Bradley Nica Puro was an enjoyable cigar. There. Done. Bye!

Alright, you want more description than that? Fine.
Listen, this cigar was fine, good even. I enjoyed the flavor, I enjoyed the smoothness of the smoke, I enjoyed the palatability of the cigar. And when I was smoking it, my neighborhood was in the midst of a power outage so I also enjoyed the quiet, dark evening, free of streetlights.

What this cigar is not is extraordinary. Really the only thing I can say about it is that it was extraordinarily smooth. Not spicy in the least. Did it burn really well? No. Did it keep switching directions with it's flavor profile? Nope. Do I want to go out and buy a box of 20 (~$125). Not at all.
Alec Bradley Nica Puro Robusto Maduro

It's a pretty cigar, and I like the look of the label, the ample but not overconfident feel of the cigar in general. The flavor kind of reminded me of a cherry cavendish tobacco I have. The aroma even more so.

Thing is, that was it. That's all that was there. It was the same the whole way through. An hour and a quarter things started getting interesting when the ember was about two and a half inches from my lips. I started getting some spice, some fresh evergreen type flavors. But it was so far into the cigar already that 15 minutes later, I was done.

You give me one, I'll smoke it. In fact I'll probably smoke it again in the future sometime. But this time, it just wasn't that exciting. Sorry Alec.


Ratings:
Appearance and Construction: 13/15
Flavor: 18/25
Smoking Characteristics: 13/25
Overall: 15/20
Value: 13/15
Total: 72/100
Smoking Time: 1 hr. 25 min.
Price: Box of 20 for $125 (~$6.25 per cigar)