Brand: Padron
Shape: Robusto (6x50)
Tobacco Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Maduro
Body: Full

Padron Maduro Robusto Box Pressed

Description:
Note: The cigar I linked to below in the price section (here, as well) is not box pressed. In fact, I'm not sure this cigar actually was the 3000 series, but they at least look very similar to my eye. Please inform me if you happen to know which cigar this is. Side point, this cigar is box pressed, and the 3000 series is not. Go figure.
Gotta love a box pressed cigar, I don't get too many of these. A fantastic flavor in this cigar! Definitely a repeat. The salesman informed that this cigar would leave me sweating bullets. I didn't find it nearly that heavy, but it was a worthy smoke, good and heavy. Plenty of thick plumes of smoke, lots of intense, full flavor, and a changing flavor at that, which is nice. I don't like cigars that remain too constant throughout.

Be careful with this one, as it is definitely prone to buildup of the bitterness associated with ammonia, usually from burning tobacco too hotly, i.e. puffing too often. In this cigar, and as a general rule, puff once per minute, no more. That should keep it all safe and kosher. More information about dealing with cigars and how to manage burning temperature can be found at the tutorials.

Taste is peppery, and heavy on the leather and dirt. Definitely hints of peppermint in there. I know my description here makes it sound like a spicy Punch cigar or something. It's not. It's heavy, but it's mostly mellow. Just notice the pepper etc. in there as well.

Herf away!

Ratings:
Appearance and Construction: 14/15
Flavor: 24/25
Smoking Characteristics: 22/25
Overall: 17/20
Value: 14/15
Total: 91/100
Smoking Time: 1 hr. 30 min.
Price: I got mine for $12 at Bo's Cigar Lounge in Long Beach, CA, but you can get yours for $156 for a box of 26 cigars (~ $6 per cigar) from Thompson Cigar.