Brand: Camacho (Diploma)
Shape: Gordo
Tobacco Origin: Honduras
Wrapper: Ecuador Habano 2000
Body: Full

Camacho Diploma Gordo



Description: The least you need to know is I enjoyed myself thoroughly. This is a fun time cigar, and one that I feel comfortable giving my seal of approval as a celebration smoke. It's a bit pricy for my taste, which I'm sure you'll agree can sometimes damage the amount of fun you have smoking it, but nonetheless, I really really liked this one.

It's been a while since I had a good full bodied cigar. It was recommended to me by Brent, the owner and proprietor of JoVann's Tobbacco in Cleveland, OH. If you're looking for a cigar store that really is what you'd hope a tobbaconist would be, this is it. I've been to all the major places in NYC... They just don't compare. The crazy part is I just didn't know what I had in JoVann's until I moved. But I'm getting off track...

This cigar offers a full array of subtle background flavors, but don't expect to be overwhelmed by complexities in flavor. What it offers is a ton of pluming, blue smoke that is so thick you can practically chew on it, and a full, robust flavor with notes of oak, nuts, chocolate, and oh yes, the fireplace (I know I've used that description before, but I still think it's apt.

Do I recommend it? Oh yes, but just buy one. I'm not one to break the bank on too much of a good thing.

I've included other photos I took of the cigar and of the box below for your viewing pleasure.


Ratings:
Appearance and Construction: 15/15
Flavor: 22/25
Smoking Characteristics: 24/25
Overall: 19/20
Value: 12/15
Total: 92/100
Smoking Time: > 2 hrs. [If you smoke it right, like I did ;)]
Price: $112.95 for a box of 10 (~$11.30 per cigar) at Cigars International.

Extra Photos:
The box. So decadent!

The Stogie

Box - Interior